Friday, February 18, 2011

Part 1: inspired by Gary Winogrand's Women are beautiful

To start of my collection of photographs in the style of Garry Winogrand I have created to pictures inspired by his collection Women are beautiful. In this collection women in ordinary situations are photographed, either posing or naturally. One picture that struck me the most was this image of a woman walking because of the skewed horizon line and the fact that her walk is more of a pose than an actual movement. I tried to convey the same sense of stillness and motion utilizing the motion blur tool, I took still shots but gave them a fake motion Another was this image of a woman in a phone booth. The picture is tilted however because of the position of the women it looks like the tilt is real and she is accommodating it. I left two of my images in black and white but left parts of the others in color.

Garry Winogrands photographs:
My photographs


No comments:

Post a Comment